Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Papa Wheelie & A Bike Called Wanda

Thank you everyone who has donated/is donating to Topher's birthday bike fund! Toy boy couldn't wait for all the gift certificates/cards stuffed with cash to come in, so we went on his actual birthday & bought his birthday wish!

He's so excited. Can you tell?



I swear, I have to fight for space in the bed now that its Topher, Stella, Inigo & the bike, Wanda.



He absolutely adores it & has already succeeded in slightly injuring himself trying to ride UP the back stairs into the house. Didn't quite make it. Landed in the recycling bin instead. Oopsie!


I really wasn't psyched about the blue color, but he says it reminds him of the little blue hat Stella always wears (below), so that made me go, awwww, & I felt better about draining the bank account for this sissy blue bike. First day he was out on it, he was wheelying around the neighborhood & some kids passed him in a van as he was wheelying. They didn't know what to say, so they called him an explicative for a female sexual organ. (Don't read NEVI: "Pussy!") He came back wielding the story & I said, "see! Should have gone black!" But now he says baby blue is the new black & its true. If you look you will see it too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather (aka Otis) or was I Otis? I love that you use "oopsie"... an oft forgotten expression that is innocent and perfect for most any unfortunate occasion. I appreciated it.