Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy 3 Month Birthday Stella!

I find it funny how you track everything at the beginning of life by weeks. Then as you get some weeks under your belt, you start tracking life by months. Once some twenty something months roll by, people start tracking your existence in years. If you are a kid though, you use fractions of years as well, always making it sound like you are a little older than you really are. I.E: I'm six & three quarters! Once some twenty something years roll by, people stop really caring how old you are, except for the milestone 30, maybe 35, & then wham 40! 40 is a big one I think, no matter who you are or how much you never celebrated birthdays. After that, what, 60? 60 is the new 50 maybe.

Anyway, little baby cat is celebrating her 3rd month of life today by showing us all how she can roll over! Holy CRAP! Can you say T R O U B L E? We looked in the "what to expect the first year" book & it says she shouldn't be doing that until month 4, most times month 5. I think I'll just burn that book now. Any kid who skips the whole crowning part isn't sticking to the script right from the start.







So she rolled over & then she played for a while & then I think she wore herself out from all that action & passed out in the terror dome.



She's so awesome. Her little personality is really starting to come out, little funny sounds are becoming more refined vowels & consonants, she is cramming her hands into her mouth & doing the mr.smithers contemplating plotting & planning thing with her hands, she is awake & aware for long wonderful stretches & she is pulling on her favorite dangly toy & shaking her rattle. Her elbows are chubby, her knees are chubby, her fingers & toes are chubby & she is really starting to get LONG! She's already outgrown all her first round of baby clothes. With some certain nostalgia I packed them into a bag the other day. Some to give back to the original givers, some to put away for...another one? Don't know yet...we'll think on that on a bit. Still too early to go there.

I can see why people say, "Long days & short years" when they speak of their kids, that makes sense to me now. It seems like the blink of an eye ago I scooped her up out of the water of life & she took her first breath. Love you Baby Cat!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving you three month old darling from afar. What I would not give to hold you in my arms and love you today. Oh you are changing so quickly and growing and blossoming. happy days. Heath- what I love is hearing you in your mother self speaking things I have felt and somehow to hear you speak the truth brings it all back to me. Save the clothes you are attached too no matter whether you have another or not.One never knows...and the memories of the ones you save will be keepsakes.

HalfRack said...

thanks for the advice & the well wishes Sarah! How I wish you could hold her too! She is getting soooo CUTE! & holding her head up & looking around. Can't wait for tomorrow...what does she have in store for us next.

She just sighed a cute dreamy sigh in her sleep...think she is saying hello from afar to her auntie Sarah. Nighty night!