Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

family day with nana linda & papi dave

Down in southern oregon we went on a family outing & went to put put golf. At first Mom was whooping all of us. I was doing horribly. Dad was doing mediocre & Topher insisted he get a baby handicap for carrying the kid.








By the second 9, Dad was on his 2nd hole in one, I found my stride averaging birdies, mom was falling behind & Topher was still whining about the handicap. Mom & Topher finished the day with a few laps around the go-cart track while i nursed the babe & dad took a load off. Then we headed out for Mexican dinner where Stella decided she wanted to eat again at exactly the same time the food came out...imagine that!


Back at the ranch I got some really cute pics of the babe & the dog & the grandpa.





It was super fun to visit my parents for the first time with my daughter. Crazy perspective having a daughter gives you. I see the world through a completely new & different set of eyes. They are my eyes, the eyes I've always had, but now I also see the world through my own mother's eyes somehow. A completion of a circle. Life makes sense to me now. It means more than I ever thought it could.

I will miss being able to watch Stella with her grandparents, & I wish they were closer. Topher & I don't have any family in Portland except my brother so I guess that means we will be traveling a lot! That is fine with me, but I do yearn for more family connection for Stella as she gets older. In my dreams we all live on some big gorgeous land by the sea where we can grow our food & raise our children in the simplicity of nature. Perhaps I will manifest that one day....I sure have managed to manifest some amazing things in my life. I'll start working on it!

1 comment:

Humbled said...

Dude, I love the picture of Big Dave with his arms raised at the mini golf course. Good stuff.