Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

H & T's 4th Wedding Anniversary ~ we get to go on a date!

Aug 1, 2005 we were married in Durango, Colorado, after 10 years of getting to know each other. In a small ceremony with about 6 people present, we made our love a commitment. It was a surprise wedding (for me), which took place during our 10 year anniversary road trip, and the best thing that ever happened to me. Topher is my soulmate, always & forever. I still get butterflies in my belly when he looks at me with those deep brown boyish eyes. Ok, I'll stop now....

Earlier in the day Topher & Stella took a nap in the "Bali Room" at Nana Linda's. AWWWW...She's his newest cuddle buddy. But tonight its all ME all night cuz we get to go on a DATE for the first time since Stella was born May 20, 2009.



I had mixed feelings. On the one hand, I really want to spend time with Toph, just the two of us. On the other hand...I'll miss Stellita!



Anyway...didn't take too long for us to get out of the house & out on the town. Thanks nana & papi for watching our little kitty kat!



All this time together & we really haven't changed too much. Topher still can't take a picture without making a goofy face. & I look great in sunglasses...even if they are the blue blockers from my dad's glove box.

Seriously though. We had a very romantic evening @ Porter's in Medford where we had surf & turf & margaritas. I gave topher a nice mushy card I made & succeeding in bringing him to tears...but its not really that hard...he's a softy! It was really cute. Our challenge was to not talk about the kid the entire time. I give us a C-. Most of the convo wasn't about the kid, but it was probably 40/60. We did make a good agreement that we would take at least one date out a month together & that we each get an individual day / vacay at least once a year. Don't really know yet how that is going to work out for me, I'd have to pump a keg worth if I left for a weekend, but we shall try it!

Then we kept in line with the classy evening & went & saw Bruno @ the White City Movies. The irony. I laughed, I cried, I nearly threw up. If you haven't seen it, well, it is indescribable, so you'll just have to see it. Here's a few pics from the movie:



Great actors!

ok, maybe we went a little bit too far with that last one....you let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When we get home- we will take Stella once a month for your date night. Nevi asked us to adopt a baby while we are in Malaysia so she can have a little sister. I think Stella is an easier choice!