Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Stella's Sip & See

Today NanaCathy is putting on a "sip & see" for Stella.  A baby coming out party?  It'll be fun to see all the see-ers & a few in particular we are looking forward to visiting with since we didn't get to hang out on Thanksgiving.  Hopefully Stellita will cooperate & not have too much stranger anxiety at the party....so far so good.  The weather broke & was pretty pleasant so we went up to the pool & had swimming time.  She was loving it!  We did 6 or 7 swims completely under the water & she was laughing & giggling with me as I jumped around in the water with her.  That was so fun!  Then she took a big nap & now she's playing in her pack n play with her favorite new toy:  blue-do the dog.


We got all dressed & nursed up with time to spare!  What a cutie!
And the guests arrive....all but Topher's family:  Uncle Mark, Norma Jean, Robbie & Julie....everyone is wondering where they could be?
 Showing off for the crowd with papa how much she likes to fly...

This woman, Marianne, one of Cathy's good friends, came up to me & introduced herself & said, "Now, its really nice to meet you, but I want you to know that I'm really only here to get your baby.  I won't take her with me, but I have 7 grandchildren & they are all over 8 years old & I really just want to hold her for as long as I can."  I think she thought I might be offended, but I completely wasn't...it was a nice break for me & Stella adored her.  See how comfortable she is!  She almost fell fast asleep in the midst of 50 hustling & bustling party go-ers.  Sweet.

The McGarry Clan:  Ben, Allison, Stella & Topher.
Her's Stella after her one & only slight meltdown the whole party.  But Topher's best friend's (growing up) Mom, SaraLynn, took right to her & calmed her down.  I think at one point in the party I didn't even know where Stella was, she was just being passed around & around & having the best time.Here she is with cousin Julie.
The Hicks Family. What are they doing in the elevator????  Well, turns out that's where Topher's entire family was stuck the whole time everyone was wondering where they could be.  Get this: they got stuck in the elevator between floors & had to climb out of the elevator on a ladder!  This is is 80 year old uncle, his 75 year old wife, Robbie, Julie & their kids & another elderly couple!!!!  YIKES.  There was a bunch of flack over it because the security guards at the building really shouldn't have done it.  They should have called the fire department for the rescue.  They were stuck in there for 55 mins!  Well, we are just glad they made it out safe, but jeez, that was pretty crazy.


Stella looking pretty tired after a long night of partying.  Night Night St. Pete...

No comments: