Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Something to be thankful for....

....for just being able to spend this first thanksgiving together in this simplest of ways we are doing it today.

Stella is sick with something she picked up from the plane & we can't go over to Uncle Mark & Norma Jean's house to experience the McGarry Family Thanksgiving in all its glory.

I was really looking forward to that.

Just can't risk that she has something more than just a cold & then expose everyone else to it.  I hate that when people do that to me & my family, so we are not going to be those people.



She doesn't have a fever or anything.  Just cough, runny nose, runny eyes & is on the cranky side of life, but still....some of these new flus start out that way & then get worse so hopefully its just a cold & she'll be better by Sunday for her party.  That is why we flew all the way down here after all!!!!

We have been having a lot of fun with Stella & her blossoming little personality.




We have been having a blast with NanaCathy & Tuffie (her dog) hanging out & eating out & playing Wii & walking about.


Did I mention I got a birdie WHILE breastfeeding????
Stick that in your magazine & print it!

 We did take a family Jacuzzi bath & spend the day on the beach in the sun.

Nice Glasses.

Topher is swinging over to pick up a plate Aunt Norma Jean is putting together for us so we won't starve to death in the condo.  He's also gonna take pictures of the table setting Norma Jean put together because I'll miss that most of all.  Just the sheer ambience of a family dinner with Mark & Norma Jean...


I'm sure we'll find a good movie on HBO On Demand.  I get to catch up on my blogging.  It's just wierd to be all alone with my sick baby on Thanksgiving.  I don't think I have ever in my life been alone on Thanksgiving.

It's all new all the time these days.  Like someone re-wound my clock & started me over at the beginning again.

I really miss all the family laughs & stories & smiles & exchanges that I won't get to experience this Thanksgiving, but I am truly thankful for the fact that I have something like that in my life to be missing in the first place.

To my family here in St. Pete, my family in Portland, my family in LA, my family in San Francisco, my family in Medford, my family in Malaysia, my M4MB family & my family in many other countries & cities & towns all over the world...I raise my glass in CHEERS & Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

3 comments:

Vandal #6 said...

Oh... I hate to think of you two missing out on such an event. Hope my Stella Bella is feeling better already. Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh dear. Sorry you are not able to be surrounded by your extended family. And I hope Stella darling feels better soon. She will with some sleep, milk and love! And I know exactly how you feel. The last 2 days I have had such a nice time, but under my skin I have been weeping. Sooo strange to be so far from all my family too. Just goes to show how blessed we are with LOVE. I am loving you and I know how hard it is to "do the right thing" even if it is clear it needs to be done. Hug to all three of you.

Unknown said...

Poop, doesn't sound fun. Glad you're all back and better!

How cute is Stella in some of my favorites clothes of Amelia's! Glad they're getting good use!

http://bettycrockerass.blogspot.com/2007/07/blocks-blocks-and-more-blocks.html