Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

M4MB New Album "Rise Up" CD Release Show



All Dressed Up & No Where to GO

That was the theme for that night.

Nov 19 M4 played its 3rd album release & the first fully studio produced album, which we have been working on for at least 3 years.  Seems like longer.

I was super excited to play the album release party & did a bunch of planning so Stella could be involved & then got a baby sitter so Topher & I could have fun playing the late show just like old times.

I guess one thing I am just getting used to now is letting go of all of my expectations of my old life & living fully in this new life as a parent.  That means my #1 priority is keeping my baby happy & healthy instead of what it used to be which was getting amped to play for fans, rocking their socks off, getting all sweaty & saucy & then partying till the chirds start burping.

We definitely had to let go of all of our hopes for this evening.

When we arrived late, missed sound check, Stella cried the entire way to the show & then wouldn't let anyone else but me (and barely me) hold her during the kids matinee.  SO, I danced around with her while Topher played.

Then we hustled all our gear together to whisk her over to the babysitter so we could play the late show at least.

We get there & the babysitter has swine flu, which they said they emailed about but I never rec'd it...sooooo Topher goes home with Stella & I go to play the show.

I was pretty bummed at this point in the evening.

BUT I played really well for not having played with the band on stage for 6 months & even, dare I say, ROCKED it.

nonetheless the powers that be wanted to play the "new" stuff for the 2nd set, so I was asked not to play.
Politics aside I was really ok being in the audience for the 2nd set....even though there weren't really any "new" songs.

All in all just kind of a downer evening.  Although when I was in the crowd I was standing next to a guy who had never seen us play before & he said to me, "I've never seen anything like that, that just changed my life!"

That made it all worth it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my darling...my heart aches reading this...not because it is awful news, but because I can feel in every fiber of my being what it is like to make these shifts from one life to another.How I wish I was there to at least help ease them a bit. When we get home Stella will love being with her auntie and uncle Devin and you can ROCK the house!As we do get glimpses of the old world every now and again as parents! hug