Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

FIrst Swimming Lesson ~ Mixed Reviews

Today was Stella's first swimming lesson.  It is a sweet little heated pool with only 4 other kids in the class (not including Topher).  Stella did really great for her first time swimming!!!
She is starting half way into the term though, so the other kids have a little experience on her for sure.  She loved everything & then they did the "swim" command, where they submerge them completely under water & scoop them down down & then back up.  She didn't love it, but she got over it real quick.
And then, they did it again at the end.  This time, she knew what the cue was for going under & she got nervous.  When she came back up, she was really freaked & then she got scared & then it was all over.  Oh well, she did great for the first 25 minutes of class, that is all I can ask for.

Except, there was this mom that came in to with her kid for the next class after ours (at least 4 or 5 years old) & she came in right at the end as Stella was not so comfy with the whole underwater thing any more & she made some comment like, "Jeez, that baby is really crying, hummph." Right next to ME!  Took all of my grace not to throw her in the pool.

She sat on Topher's hat too.

Maybe next time I'll bring her some special brownies.

I can't believe how insensitive people can be sometimes.  Guess this is just the beginning of people judging my kid.

I think she did AWESOME!  & she's totally passed out early, so it's good exercise too!  Can't wait for next week!


2 comments:

Denise said...

I think those special brownies should include some of those turbo-diaper-experiences that Stella creates. Yeah, I just love when people make comments about my kid. I turn into evil mama bear :)

Nick said...

5 months old and she cries in the water when you dunk her? What a wimpy baby!