Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

its not all wine & roses all the time though...well, ok the wine part is true.

its REALLY hot here today... in the 90's & Stella i think isn't loving it. she was up all day fussing here & there & just wouldn't go down. nursing & nursing, walking in the stroller to the library, to the park, playing in the yard in the bouncer, in the swing, nursing, bouncing on the shoulder, dancing, singing, nursing. Oh and nursing. just when i thought i had her down for good a little while ago, i laid her down in the crib & her eyes popped open. then she saw this little mirror stuffed animal creature attached to the crib & she made the saddest little face. her chin starts jiggling & she starts crying again. just makes my heart ache to see her little face so sad & scared. so i picked her up & put her on my shoulder to comfort her & she horked (hork splat) up the hugest puke all down my back & all over the rug. UGH> Thinking to myself...Topher please walk through that door. now would be a good time. hmmm....sooooo i kept patting & bouncing her while i cleaned up the puke with my foot, a towel & some rug spray. by the time i was done cleaning up the puke with my foot, i nursed her again for i swear the 8 zillionth time today....BUT, finally SALVATION. all my efforts not in vain. still sleeping. Topher called & asked if i wanted anything on his way home from work. WINE I said. me drinking wine again in the cool evening...see a reoccuring theme here? Oh well. At least I haven't started doing it while she's awake in the day. YET.

Still blessed with her presence, no matter how cranky she is. All she has to do is smile & it all melts away.




Hoping to push through to the peace with a little more grace tomorrow.




Oh, & she loves to stick out her tongue now. For better or worse. What's up with the black spot though? Topher googled it & found something that said Indians (feather not dot) say that the black spot on a baby's tongue means they are good luck & that whatever they say will come true. Let's hope she's no totalitarian ruler or naysayer. with those eyes, how could she be?

1 comment:

Nick said...

she is beautiful...I got a twinge of missing that baby stuff, but then I immedietly snapped back to reality haha. Have a good trip, and remember that they are easy to travel with now! Just put em in their seat and carry.