Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

DRIVING DRIVING DRIVING - 3days...I think.

From Bloomington to Washington, PA, to Parkton MD to Ethan's Gramma's in Delaware to Brooklyn NY.

NO gigs. Just Driving.

Ahhhhhh, the smell of the spam boat, the aroma of each other, the sound of constant chatter, the gentle rocking & jarring jerking of her hull as she navigates the interstates. If I don't lose my mind, it means it must already be gone.

If it were anybody else but us on this bus together, it wouldn't work.

We're getting pretty good at cleaning up, keeping our stuff in our cubbies, sharing bunks, rotating seats (we do have a few squatters though - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!), making food for each other, sharing the dumping of the potty duty, etc, etc. There is a mind numbing amount of unknown detritus that appears on a daily basis from where???? No one knows, but it all ends up in the MYSTERY BOX. And the mystery box is growing....like the # of M4thers on tour.

By my last count, Tallboy had finished of 186 beers in 4 days. That was not including the beers he consumed last night. I don't have an accurate account because I called it an evening & got some good shut eye.

Last night we stayed in a Motel 6 in Washington PA, and a lot of people popped for thier own room, or own bed at least. For me, anyway, and a few others I hear tale of, it wasn't a great night of sleep. There was some real creepy energy in that place leading to general insomnia, anxiety & horrific night terrors. I did not take any pictures there. I figure enough of you have stayed in Motel 6 to know what I'm talking about. Let your imagination run wild!

Next day we drove to Topher's mom's house (Jenny Mack) in Parkton, MD, outside of Baltimore. I've always loved her place, and it was a real treat to get to take the band there.
She had an amazing spread of "the biggest salad bar east of the Mississippi" & Veggie & meat Lasagne her boyfriend Bill prepared for us. Thanks Bill! She also had 180 beers, to Tallboy's great admiration, and lots of cookies & treats.

Her landlord, Ted, who runs the farm she lives on (she rents the farmhouse), and his family were there to check out the freaks & join in the fun. We were supposed to have a rehearsal that evening, but the lasagne took a lot longer than expected to heat up, & everyone was pretty sluggish after dinner, so we fired up team jam session & came up with such country greats as "Panty Ripper: Stay Free Always", "Yellow Jello" & "The REEAL nightmare before Christmas" (AKA I hope Prancer gets Cancer). I hit the hay shortly thereafter, but this morning I viewed the maniacle mayhem of the "Chodren of the CornHole" video that was filmed in the night as they ran through the cornfields until 2 am in a montage similar to the Blair Witch Project. Who was leading the charge? Well, Topher's Mom of course! I hear she scared the pants off some of the M4 Chodren.

All good things must come to an end though, and we had to leave the peace, beauty & silliness of Stablersville Road and drive to Brooklyn NY>>> we are on the road right now. We stopped by Ethan's Gramma's pad for some quick phad thai. We'll be back there tomorrow night. Tonight we are playing at the Luna Lounge in Brooklyn on Metropolitan AVE. I'll be sleeping at the Midget Bar, which is just a short stumble from there, and a favorite haunt of mine since I first stayed with friends on Metropolitan AVE way back in 1995.

I haven't been to the Big Apple since 1998, before the towers fell, so that will be a strange skyline to see. Looking forward to this next weekend, although this is the most confusing part of the tour, travel wise. ( Brooklyn to Delaware to Boston to NYC again) I pray to St. Christopher to part the seas of traffic & obstacles. Our schedule doesn't leave a whole lot of room for error.

Pics up soon! I'm finding the connection is so so for uploading pics unless we are in a metro area, and right now we are somewhere in NY where there is still lots of corn.

No comments: